March 16, 2020 Update
March 16, 2020: For the safety and health of our community, the Town of Christiansburg is canceling its public meetings scheduled for the week of March 16. This includes:
- A Christiansburg Planning Commission Development Subcommittee originally scheduled for March 16 at 6 p.m.
- A Christiansburg Planning Commission meeting originally scheduled for March 16 at 7 p.m.
- A Christiansburg Town Council Work Session originally scheduled for March 17 at 6 p.m.
The Town will re-advertise for these meetings once new dates are confirmed.
As information continues to develop regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Town will continue to reassess its public meetings scheduled for the rest of the month and will provide updates on this website as changes occur.
We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause but feel its best to take these extra precautions to protect the health and well-being of our residents and community partners during this time.
Montgomery County Animal Care and Adoption Center (ACAC) Closed to the Public:
- The ACAC is closed to the public March 17 - 31, 2020. This includes cancellation of all programs, meeting room bookings and outreach visits.
- While closed to the public, the ACAC staff will continue to provide the highest level of care for our animals, as always.
- Volunteering will not be permitted during this time. ACAC staff will ensure animals get the exercise and enrichment usually provided by our wonderful volunteers.
- To assist the ACAC in handling this new and developing situation, Animal Control will be working to limit animal intakes during this time by only bringing in animals that are sick, injured, in danger or creating a danger to public safety.
- The ACAC will continue to work towards placing as many of our animals as possible into foster care over the coming weeks.
- In-kind donations will not be accepted at the facility during this time, but we will gladly take all donations when we return to normal operations.
Montgomery County Public Meeting Cancellations:
- Montgomery County Board of Supervisors Work Session - Mon., Mar. 16
- Joint meeting with Montgomery County Board of Supervisors and Montgomery County School Board - Tues., Mar. 17
- Montgomery County Planning Commission Meeting - Wed., Mar. 18