Annual Photo of the Year Contest
Since 2018, the Town has been asking residents to send in photos of Christiansburg to be considered for its Photo of the Year. Previous year's winners are displayed below.
Contest photos may be submitted at anytime throughout the year. During the seasons of the year, snap photos on your cell phone or camera of people, places or things that represent Christiansburg to you.
When you think of Christiansburg, what do you see? Is there a specific place or activity that comes to mind? Share your response with us by entering our annual Photo of the Year Contest. The Public Art Advisory Board will select a photo of the year to hang in Town Hall. Some other submissions may be selected to be featured on social media and in a Town-themed calendar. Multiple photo submissions are accepted, and there is no age limit to entering the contest, just a parent or guardian signature.
- To be considered for Photo of the Year, a photo submission must be either a .JPG or .PNG file, between 8 - 20 megapixels large (minimum 2,550 x 3,300 pixels). Please do not resize your photos prior to submission.
- All photos must be taken within Town of Christiansburg limits.
- Applicants may enter up to four entries per person.
- A media release will be required for any photos that contain clearly recognizable individuals in the foreground.
- Photos may be submitted throughout the year to email@example.com until the deadline of 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 20, 2023.
- All submissions must include a completed submission form.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.