Christiansburg Rescue is a third service municipal EMS agency. The department currently operates out of a single station which supports an annual volume of about 5,000 calls. Christiansburg Rescue is a career/volunteer hybrid and employs both BLS and ALS providers. Staff are a mixture of full-time and part-time employees.
Christiansburg Rescue regularly recruits part-time and full time EMS providers. Our staff cover shifts on both day and night shifts, 7 days per week. Our positions offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling and we are able to fund some attendance at continuing education, auxiliary courses and other EMS educational opportunities. Uniforms are provided. To view current employment opportunities, please visit the Town’s Career Portal.
Minimum Requirements for Employment
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Certification as a Virginia Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT or Paramedic.
- Possess a valid driver’s license in the state of Virginia and have completed an Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course. Possess an acceptable driving record. Prior DUI is normally a disqualification. Each potential hire’s driving record is reviewed by the human resources department and insurer.
- Current completion of an Office of EMS approved CPR course.
- Experience with electronic Patient Care Report systems.
- Possess a high moral standard. A conviction for a felony or serious misdemeanor will normally result in a disqualification.
- Must be able to communicate with people in a polite, courteous, and firm manner.
- We recognize that most part time applicants will have a responsibility to a full time employer and we work with the part time staff to accommodate schedules. Part time employees are expected to provide an average of 48 hours of availability each month to cover shifts on both day and night shifts, 7 days per week.