How do I report a broken street light/lamp?

Appalachian Power maintains the majority of streetlights throughout town. If you notice that a street light is not working properly, please note the address of the light, as well as the pole number, if available. Please then report this outage to Appalachian Power online at: The Town does maintain the street lights in downtown Christiansburg (with the green poles). Should you notice any of these lights not working properly, please call the Engineering Department at (540) 382-6120 or Public Works at (540) 382-1151.

Show All Answers

1. I want to dispose of a large amount of items. Will the Town pick these items up?
2. My solid waste was not picked up today. Why not?
3. How do I submit a request for service?
4. When is spring and fall clean up?
5. How do I report an after hours emergency?
6. How do I report a broken street light/lamp?