COVID-19 Employee Resources
Here are a few tips to help you stay mentally and physically healthy during this difficult time.
It is normal to experience a range of emotions, and it is important to maintain perspective as you cope with the environment around you. Some helpful tips include:
- Limiting exposure to social media and news related to the coronavirus.
- Focusing on aspects of your life that you can control.
- Concentrating on gratitude and appreciation.
- Grounding yourself in the present and limiting thoughts about future outcomes.
- Recognizing your strengths, talents and gifts.
If you would benefit from support, please contact Carilion Employee Assistance Program at 540-981-8950 or 1-800-992-1931. They are equipped to provide telephonic sessions and virtual visits via Carilion EAP’s Video Platform.
All employees covered under the Town’s insurance can call NurseLine at 1-800-337-4770, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ALL COPAYS ARE WAIVED IF YOU ARE SEEKING TESTING OR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE REGARDING COVID-19. We encourage employees to utilize the LiveHealth Online resource to seek medical care before visiting a brick-and-mortar location.
If you begin to display symptoms of COVID-19, are tasked with caring for a sick family member with COVID-19, or are having difficulties working due to childcare issues with closure of schools or child care providers, reach out to your supervisor. The Town has a policy set in place in response to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) where you may be eligible to request up to 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick Leave.
Please communicate with your supervisors about your concerns regarding your health during this time; the Town is here to work with you and ensure the health and safety of its employees and their families.
How Does COVID-19 Impact My HSA?
Health & Wellness
- Boost Your Mental Well-Being
- One Minute Office Workouts
- Carilion EAP Calm Your Fears about Coronavirus
- Coping with COVID-19: Free Employee Assistance
- Psych Hub: COVID-19 Mental Health Educational Videos